Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Letter to Katie - Aug 28th

Dear Katie,

Hello! I am having a great time here in Cleveland! Yes, it is certainly very different than the MTC, but I am getting along alright. My companion, Elder Marini, is awesome, and the members of the ward are definitely not slacking off when it comes to food! We have had a dinner appointment every night so far except for P-days, so its a good thing I'm in a biking area or else I would already be fat. I think it would be great for you to read "Jesus the Christ". I have been reading it and I can't get enough of it. (although I never seem to have much time to spare for reading). But I really enjoy it - it is like having Clif notes for the New Testament! Congratulations on conquering potty training AJ. That can't have been easy. By the way, did you get to see the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication? I heard it was great, but unfortunately I couldn't go see it. What would we like in packages? I am a big fan of Whoppers & Reeses, and Elder Marini likes Starbursts, but anything is great. The real treat is getting to read letters from home. That is cool that Savannah and Delaney can motivate each other to work hard on their music... Do you think they could play together when I come home? Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself, considering I've been here for a week. Any ways, I hope things keep going well at home, I may be far away but I haven't forgotten my family in my prayers and I hope you will pray for Elder Marini and me as well.

Lots of Love,
Elder Smith