Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter 9/7/10

Dear Family,

Hey everybody, I've been transferred to Sandusky, Ohio, home of Cedar Point. "the 'fun" and only!" My new address is:

Elder Matthew Smith
14131/2 Camp St.
Sandusky, OH 44870

My new companion, Elder Fronk is pretty cool. He's from Tremonton, UT, he likes sports, and yes, he does have younger sisters, Cody. He's a really good teacher - I enjoy his confident teaching style - and it's nice because he doesn't hesitate to take the lesson back from me, which helps me avoid teaching way too large a proportion of the lesson. our area is kind of slow, especially in comparison to Perry, but we've had some really good success the past couple days finding new investigators, so that'll help. I'm excited to get to know a new area & ward and I think we're going to have a really good transfer.

I'm not sure if we'll be emailing on Monday this week or some other time - "Zoned Out" is on Monday - it's our annual mission-wide p-day. It was tons of fun last year so I'm pretty excited. It's going to cost us a lot of miles to get there & back and pick up other missionaries, though. We're in a driving area (and we have a truck now - a Chevy Colorado), but most of our miles are going to be used outside our area - so we'll be biking a lot this month.

Love,

Elder Matthew Smith