Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Email from 6/28/10

Hello all,

Sounds like youth conference was good. What kind of service did they do at the hospital? I love hearing people talk about agency (especially myself). That's definitely among my favorite principles to learn about and/or teach about. It's just so inspiring (and more than a little bit intimidating) that our agency and ability to choose what we will be and become is so absolutely up to us.

Good job driving Delaney! How many books can your nook hold at once?

How did you do golfing, Cody? Ready for the PGA yet? Who did you 'really accidentally' hit with a rock?

Good luck with los cavallos diablos. Now that you mention it, I don't seem to recall the airplanes ever punching, kicking, or bucking people off...I don't get why you don't like flying, mom.
So tell me about Crystal's husband Kyle. Where is he from, what is he like, what does he do, etc. Is he a member of the church? We've been invited to a couple barbecues on the 4th, so we'll probably get stuffed at a couple of them. Other than that I don't know what we'll be doing. We probably won't get to email on Monday so it will probably be on Tuesday.

Was Sister Elliott able to come to church today?

Yes, she and Bro. Elliot both came. I was disappointed that they had to leave for a doctor's appointment after sacrament meeting, since we wanted them to come to priesthood and RS. I think Sis. Elliot will have a great experience at RS once she comes, so hopefully next time that will work out.

How is Steven doing?

Well. We took Bro. Hall teaching with us yesterday and talked about Bro. Hall's experience quitting smoking and the blessings he received from living the word of wisdom. It went well. He had to work in the morning, though, so wasn't able to come to church. Hopefully this week he will be able to come.

Have you had more contact with the newlyweds?

Not much, unfortunately. We came to our return appointment and tried to talk to the old Chinaman that answered the door but he didn't speak English and just waved his hands at us.

How about the guy with all the questions?

He's still in Colorado - no updates

Any new people?

nope, no luck this week. Not for lack of trying, though.

Is the greeny dinner that you sent pictures of a mission-wide phenomenon?

Yeah, I think a lot of people do them. It probably just depends on which ward you are trained in.

Did you have one?

No, I don't think so. I can't remember much from my first couple days, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Sweet! 2nd Nephi is the best!!! Jacob's sermon in 9 and 10 is timeless!!! And Nephi's exposition of the Doctrine of Christ in 31-33 is just about unmatched! Only the Savior's own words in 3 Nephi 27 can compare!

Oh yeah, and Isaiah is good too, I guess.
Loveymnb, Elder Matthew Smith