Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Letter written 11/6/09

Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,

Hello! I am indeed staying warm, although it's been chilly for the past few days. Yesterday Elder Marini and I were commenting on how cold it was, until we saw something that said it was 50 degrees. We didn't believe it until we saw another sign that said the same thing. It was just humid with a strong wind, so that probably made it seem colder. We decided we are both wimps if we are cold and all bundled up when it is 50. Later in the evening we taught John in his house and it was like a furnace. One extreme to the other.

That's funny that they have to remind everyone in RS (and probably Priesthood too) of all those things that would seem to be no-brainers about the temple. Texting during sessions indeed! (Note from Patty: we are having to teach a lesson on wearing modest clothing, no flip flops, no cell phones, white under clothing, etc. (basically proper respect) in the temple.)

That's good to hear you have got another set of missionaries in the 2 stakes. I didn't realize they had senior missionary couples who are full-time proselyting. Do they tract and everything? Do people volunteer to feed them?

Good job Peyton for inviting another person to activity days. That's also cool that Bro. & Sis. Bott came to the Halloween activity.

So I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again and now I am trying an idea from chapter 5 of Preach My Gospel (the chapter about the BoM). I am trying to read the BoM and circle every reference to Christ and highlight all His words spoken by Him or the prophets when they say "thus sayeth the Lord" or things like that. I decided I'm going to have to circle references to God the Father as well as the Lord because they are sometimes difficult to tell apart in the scriptures. Also, in the Isaiah chapters of 1-2 Nephi, I found out that it is hard to tell when Christ is speaking apart from when Isaiah is speaking.

Well, I had better be going.

Love,
Elder Smith