Monday, May 17, 2010

Email 5/19/2010

M!DNIGHTED!!!!!!!

Hello from the only stake of Zion mentioned in scripture! (no, that's not Toledo). The assistants called on Thursday about 10:15 pm and told me that I was getting M!DNIGHTED!!!!!!!! the next day to the Perry area, which is about 22 miles east of the Kirtland historic sites. I am serving with Elder Baxter, who left the MTC at the same time as me. He's the one with whom I went on exchanges in Spanish back in Cleveland. I got M!DNIGHTED!!!!!!!! because Elder Baxter's greenie chose to go home after 8 weeks or so in the field. (The assistants said he can come back out if he wants, though.) So Elder Gullerud's new companion is Elder Ercanbrack, who I think has been out for 7 1/2 months. Elder Ercanbrack was in a triple-up in East Cleveland until Friday. Elder Baxter is rock-solid, though. He's a convert of about 5 years and it's really cool to have a convert companion who can testify of the differences the gospel made in his life. Our area is a lot bigger than my other 2 - we juggle 3 different cities that we work in. We have a car!! Yay! We seem to have 1 pretty solid investigator with a baptismal date - his name is Steven. He has an issue with smoking, but he's quit before and is confident he can do it again. Other than him, our other investigators sound a little less solid, but that can change.

I got an email from Elder Horrocks today! So exciting! Have fun dating the Spaniard, Delaney. Are you going to speak English or Spanish on your date? Who else is going with you? I look forward to hearing about your escapades. Good job not killing the animals. I hope you have fun riding Zorro now that he's shoed. Sorry you have such an overwhelming amount of homework.

Good job on your marathons, Dad, Lisa, Cole, Ryan, Katie, and Lezli! You guys are beasts!

Oh - our new address is:

6762 Circle Dr.Madison, OH 44057

Mail sent to the Toledo address will take a while to get to me.

Thanks for the shoes - the plates sound like a good idea.

On P-day we email, shop for groceries, and do something else. In Toledo we would play basketball or tennis or volleyball at the stake center. Today we are going to go on a tour of the Kirtland Temple and then play basketball or something at the stake center in Kirtland. Then we work as normal from 6:00 to 9:00.

I have not gained any weight, in fact I think I have lost weight: I am now down to 141. We'll see what happens now that I'm in a driving area, though.

No, I don't think I'll try out for the Tab Choir, at least not until I complete my solo tour. Of course I'm not a ute fan - don't be ridiculous. Yes, I'm still thinking ATC.

Have fun talking about George Washington, Peyton. Tell me how your report goes.

Keep on rocking the baseball diamond, Cody. Elder Baxter was a baseball player, too.My ZDM workshop went well, thank you. I'm looking forward to zone conference on Thursday morning. Also, we're having a 70 come out and speak at a mission conference in early June.

Yep, I'll probably send the SD card this week. Sorry I was unable to get a picture of Sis. Bennett because I got M!DNIGHTED!!!!!!!!! before I saw her again. I sent a letter on Friday to say that I was getting M!DNIGHTED!!!!!!!!!!!! but I didn't think you would probably get it before today.

Love, Elder Matthew Smith

ps Delaney: and the trogdor comes in the M!DNIIIIII!IIIIII!IIIII!IIIIIII!IIIIIIGHT!I!!!I!!I!!I!!!I!!!